Q3 Artwork - Ilker Erkut

This quarter in art was like all of my others.  I adventured through each assignment exploring my own artistic path.  I have to say that I found coloring a lot of fun.  Some of the assignments were a little complicated in what it asked for.  I found myself doing 1 part of an assignment and later realizing that it wanted more.  THe documents that we downloaded had very confusing directions.  But all that aside it was a nice quarter.  

Advanced coloring was one of my favorites.  It was very relaxing and peaceful.  Once I finished it I felt good about what I did.  I focused on making my coloring even in shade of brightness.  I also focused on making the coloring seem like one.  My goal was to use one color for the base of the paper and then other colors for more minor parts in the picture to really make it pop.  

The self portrait was an interesting experience.  I did not focus on the sharpness of myself portrait.  This time the focus was on how accurately it could look like me.  I think I nailed it better than I ever had before.  If my hair was a little sharper and some of my facial features were a little sharper I think this would be great. 

Value was a fun one.  It was not as easy as it looks to make this.  I had to start in the middle to get a measurement of how hard I was pressing.  If I started to dark to early I would ruin it.  But in the end it turned out perfect. 

Basic shapes was very easy.  It also made a lot of sense.  I found that things that I used to draw when I was younger came out looking great using basic shapes.  The cat on the right is not really proportional but I wanted to give an attempt at the drawing in the document.  THe vacuum cleaner on the other hand looks like a photograph.  I think it is a step in the right direction.  

Animal Shapes was the biggest struggle because as you saw in basic shapes my cat drawing was not so good.  I decided to choose an easier animal.  As animal with less complicated shapes.  An owl was the perfect animal.  It had enough shapes and turned out looking like an actual owl.  

Overall this quarter I think I am making headway in my passive art career.  I plan to continue putting effort into my art and hopefully grow.  Next quarter I want to end strong and hopefully make something that I can show off.