Quarter One Art Project

Throughout this first quarter of senior year I have worked on four time consuming projects. I have painted a ceiling tile, designed a fall wall hanging, created a self portrait of myself, and I have designed a fruit/vegetable watercolor painting. I have struggled but still was able to accomplish each project each time learning new tactics.

I have learned how to go further with my art. Detail is important and it’s an essential in most art pieces. With detail I have gone further by adding shadows, lighting and different textures on each of my artwork pieces. At first I was struggling to do these things but with a little help and some extra practice I was able to pick up on the skill and be successful with it.

I also learned how important “patience” is. Patience is so important because you need a lot of it when you are completing any art work. You need patience because everything takes time and if you don’t take your time you will never have a good final product. Once I learned the key to patience my artwork began to look much better.

During our pieces I used color pencils, water color, water color paper, and paint. All of these materials were used when creating my projects. Each project I used different materials some that I worked with before others new. I had fun with new materials because it is new and I like trying new things sometimes.

My favorite artwork piece would have to be my self portrait. At first I didn’t like this project but as I sat and thought about it I have began to like it more and more. I like the project because it took me the most time and I helped me with discipline. When you take your time it makes the artwork look even better and it shows discipline because it shows that you had the focus and patience to complete the project. If I were to do this project again I would probably add even more lights and darks than I already used. I would also find a picture of myself involving more detail then the picture i had used.