Quarter One Work

Title: ​The Gabe

So in art class I was told to look at a model and draw him. Simple. And Simple it was. I drew the model out and he looked pretty plain but nice. When I thought I was done though, fellow classmates encouraged me to do more with it. They inspired me to blend my creativity with the picture so that it looked more. More what, I'm not sure, but I definitely did give it more. Experimenting with shading and lines and different colored charcoals, I ended up with this colorful creation called "The Gabe". 
Title: Clear Glass

With this picture, we were told to use charcoal to draw a clear object. So, I took my charcoal and 20 minutes in, I had a decent looking see through glass cup. The only problem was that it was a plain, simple, see through glass cup at the center of a very large piece of paper. It just seemed, like the previous picture, that it needed more. So I gave it more. First I drew the random flames in the back of the vase and then the smoke that goes from inside of the glass out. Spacing out for a moment, I noticed that I could see one of my friends through the glass. Inspired by seeing him, I decided to draw him in the glass. Feeling silly, I drew him to look like a face from a famous painting called "Scream". Out of boredom I added all the extra jazz around the outside of the glass and ended up with this abstract and morbid picture.