Reading

Enjoy this book, you really love it. If you live in West and North Philly you could really relate to the book. It had drama, it was realistic, and told a love story

By:Teri Woods
Title: True To The Game 
Summary:

Gena is a nineteen year old girl living in the projects of Philly. Streetwise and beautiful, Gena has learned at a young age to use her natural born talents to acquire the things she needs in life. Gena has learned that money and power are hot commodities in the rough and tumble streets of Philly. Although Gena doesn't work she is able to wear the finest clothes, spend money like its water and party all the time 
through the men that she dates. 

When Gena meets Quadir, a charismatic drug lord, she is immediately attracted to his status and wealth. Gena loves the fact that Quadir owns the streets of Philly. As Gena and Quadir begin to fall in love, Quadir shares his deepest desires with Gena. Someday, he tells her, he wants to be a dentist and live a legit life. He explains that he got into the drug business in order to support his desitute family. Quadir proposes to Gena (who happily accepts) and tells her that due to all the money he has stashed he is already a millionaire many times over. He has decided to go legit and leave the drug business. As Gena and Quadir prepare to make a life together tragedy strikes, forcing Gena to reevaluate her life and her future. 
Screen shot 2012-06-07 at 1.52.47 PM
Screen shot 2012-06-07 at 1.52.47 PM