Reflection Brendan Hall

Today during class we watched a video about a kid named Jack being bullied. On the video there was an eye emoji which represented the witnesses, if you clicked the eye it would be as if the witnesses acted and helped the victim. When you didn’t click the emoji it showed how sad Jack was when nobody stood up for him when he was being bullied. When you did click the emoji it showed how just a few people standing up for him made him so much happier. This video brings to mind that all it takes to help victims of bullying just one person to stand up for them.  Online I appear as an Australian professional athlete. This would make people think I’m athletic and Australian. The goal of trolls is to give themselves entertainment from bothering because they probably don’t have much going for them in their life. The positive results of online anonymity is that people who sometimes are shy when having a confrontation in person feel more comfortable. A negative result of online anonymity is that people can harass each other without much consequence.

Depression_2014_Types_10-22-14_5PM-img_1280x720 (2)