Scarlet Letter/Juno Reflection

Choosing this type of creative project was very enjoyable for me because I really enjoy creative projects. I was sure wanted to incorporate my artistic abilities into a successful project that will reflect similar themes from both The Scarlet Letter and Juno. After developing a series of ideas for my creative project piece I narrowed my choices down and can with the conclusion of showing the theme of Identity through small cutout snowflakes that join together to develop one larger snowflake. Through this my creative piece would identify the uniqueness one snowflake has as it conjoins with others to display a connection.

After choosing the creative part it was my job to figure out how to incorporate a theme from both the book and the movie into a theme that can relate to my choice of choosing "Snowflakes". One of the things I find that really caught my attention about snowflakes was that not all snowflakes were identified with the same pattern of design and all had their own unique self pattern. Relating back to the theme "Identify - Definitions/Redefinition" it stood out to me as both a reader and view of both the book and movie that many of the characters within the story lines both symbolized "finding ones true identity" and "Uniqueness". I intertwined a red snowflake to represent the the color blend of uniqueness and how it makes everyone who they are.

In order to creative this project, I first sketched the outline of how I wanted my snowflake design would look like in my sketchbook. After several hours of coming up with different designs to show the trend of unique patterns in each individual snowflake I then ended my sketching process with one larger snowflake from the smaller snowflakes that I have created. Once the sketching process of the project was done I then began to use about 25-30 sheets of white printer paper and began to cut out about 20 larger origami snowflakes and cut different shapes into each one to make a each one different. One I have completed this I cut the red snowflake and placed it in the middle. After all that I attached all the snowflakes then I was able to have a finished project.

Overall, with the outcome of my project I am very delighted. I believe that my creative project portrays the aspect of being different and finding ones true identity and effectively conveyed a theme for both stories. 

photo
photo