Semaj Smith. Lobbyist Blog #3

electoral-college-shirt
electoral-college-shirt
​     I think this is a good year for my issue, so far there are 29 elected officials that cosponsor the bill on the electoral college.  I would say that there is a good amount of media behind my issue, there are many articles such as this one that say the Electoral College is past its prime.                                         question-2123489
      My opponents on this issue would be any representative that has benefited from the electoral college. There are some people that are in favor of the electoral college and have many arguments as to why the electoral college should stay in place.   There has been a joint resolution written up that states that the President and Vice President will be elected jointly but they have to have the most votes in favor of their team to be officially elected.
      I think the public is extremely essential to this outcome because if they all take the time to raise their voices we could get a faster and more effective response on what we want and need as a people.   I think if I can get some city officials on my side or at east get them to listen to me then I can make more of a difference because I will have an adult support system to back me up on what I’m saying.
45164654_electoral_college_s1 ( Electoral Votes in 2009) 

There are many officials working on this event especially all 29 of the cosponsors that are trying to pass this bill before the next election.  I don’t think there is too much for me to coordinate but if I could get in contact with Councilman Chaka Fattah I could just let him know that I a interested in what he stood for and I would like to be apart of abolishing the electoral college then that would be a perfect start to making moves.

I think I can influence people my age because I know how to relate to them to make them care about issues. There is no specific timeframe for my issue but it would be amazing if this bill could be passed before the next election so that all votes are held and accounted for the way they are cast.

ELECTORA  So far no dates have been set to move forward with this bill but there has been some progress and actions made which is progression already.

45164654_electoral_college_s1
45164654_electoral_college_s1
ELECTORA
ELECTORA
question-2123489
question-2123489