- March of Dimes. (2012). March of dimes. Retrieved from http://www.marchofdimes.com/
This website is the main source of information. Includes team and personal blog for donations and fundraising goal.
- March for Babies. (2012). March of dimes.org. Retrieved from http://www.marchforbabies.org/
Though this is similar to it’s partnering site, March of Dimes, March for Babies has plenty of resources about prematurity and the research being made behind it. It includes interviews, videos, and list of past and upcoming events.
- The Albert and Mary Lasker Foundation. (2012, February 19). Facts about prematurity. Retrieved from http://www.researchamerica.org/app/webroot/uploads/PrematurityFinal.pdfI just gives a different perspective on the topic and I found it interesting the information is almost consistant
- LaKisha, Dixon. (n.d.). Interview by Siani Widman [Personal Interview]. Interviewing Kisha., Philadelphia, PA.
I’m going to interview her because she is a registered nurse, and has been apart of the NICU unit for little over a year. Her job is dealing with newborns and those who are premature or with illness.
- Rose, D. (2010, Sept. 10). March of Dimes. Retrieved from http://www.marchofdimes.com/research/researchslideshow.html
This is a research site that gives a summary about the March of Dimes foundation and when or who it was established by. The pictures used in the slideshow will be a nice part of my capstone.
- Lee, K. G. (2011, Novemember 14). Premature infant. Retrieved from http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001562.htm
I will be using this to get a medical history behind prematurity. Some facts and statistics will be helpful for sharing info among other people.
- Mehren, E. (n.d.). Interview by Allison Martin [Personal Interview]. An interview with elizabeth mehren, author of born too soon., Retrieved from http://www.prematurity.org/mehren.html
- Wrape, P. (2000). Prematurity research disproves the theory that preemies catch up by age three. Retrieved from http://www.prematurity.org/research/not-catchingup2.htmlThis site is more of a fun fact kind of site. Plus gives nice information on the technology and how with funding for these types of programs can make a better goal happen.
- Premature birth [Web log message]. (2012, November 7). Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/features/prematurebirth/This gives another list of facts and treatment for infant babies put in the NICU.