Sierra Dinvil's blog post :]

• Who did I speak with and why did I choose that person?

I chose to speak with my best friend Prisilla Nieves. I chose to speak with her because she's really good at explaining Spanish concepts to me. Also she is fluent in Spanish. 

• What did you learn about them? What did you learn from them?

I learned a lot about her family background and history. Things that I would not have known if it wasn't for this project. Also, I learned how to be more polite in conversation.

• How did this interaction help you move towards achieving your personal goal?

Since I know Prisilla so well, she was really easy to communicate with and easy to understand. She was able to clarify concepts that I misunderstood and to explain things to me from her perspective (so one who speaks spanish on a daily basis)

• What specifically did you do well according to your goals/expectations?

I did well with using spanish throughout the entire conversation (except for when I need her to explain something). I didn't think I would be capable of doing so.
  • What specifically do you need to improve on? (Quote specific things you said or did and what you would have done or said if you could do it again)

I need to improve on knowing when to use certain words to be more polite instead of the ones that I use already.