Slideshow & Artist’s Statement - Emmett Tsai-McCarthy

This quarter wasn't necessarily a first for me when it comes to new mediums of art, but that doesn't mean that they were well practiced.  Doing an entire art piece with paint is definitely something I'm not used to, and it shows in my work.  The defined edges, the lack of blending and smooth colors, clear signs of a beginner.  This was also the first time I ever really TRIED shading.  I didn't really like how it turned, but it was definitely better than it would've been if I didn't get help from my brother.
I also realized that my photography is... not good.  The picture's are either too blurry or have too much outside lighting (meaning light from lamps and such).  I think the best art piece I shot this quarter was the "Ding Dong" one, but I don't really like the quality of that picture either.  I'm dying for a method of drawing on the computer.  That way, I don't have to take pictures with my phone's crappy camera.  From what I've seen, the drawings also look a lot slicker / nicer than they would if I used a paper and pencil.  It might even help me with shading, but I doubt it'll help much.  
Overall, even though I felt like I did better work than I did last quarter, I was a lot more disappointed with it.  As I mentioned before, this mainly stemmed from my lack in usage of the mediums we were asked to use.  But at the very least, this was an eye-opener on how much effort I must put into what I do now if I even want the chance to get into an art college.