Spanish Benchmark!!!!

Tyler Creighton& Raeven Maddox

1.Explanation to Teach:

Tyler and I are teaching people the Alphabet and teach them how to correctly pronounce them. This will help them to learn how to spell words in Spanish: A: ah, B: beh, C: seh, CH: cheh, D: deh, E: eh, F: efeh, G: heh, H: ah-cheh, I: eee, J: ho-ta, K: ka, L: eleh, LL: elleh, M: emeh, N: eneh, Ñ: enyeh, O: oh, P: peh, Q: cooooo, R: ereh, S: eseh, T: teh, U: ooo, V: veh, W: dobleh veh, X: eh-quis, Y: eee-gree-gah, Z: zetah. We will repeat them two more times so that you will have the hang of how to say it.

Explanation for "El Alfabeto"

In this video, you will hear how to pronounce the letters and how to spell them correctly. Later on in the video, Tyler and I will teach you how to spell our names. Afterwards, you can spell your name.

Script:

Tyler: Como se escribe tu nombre?

Raeven: Se escribre ereh, ah, eh, veh, eh, eneh (Raeven) Y tu?

Tyler: Se escribre teh, eee-gree-eh-gah, eleh, eh, ereh

2."Courtesy Phrases"

We are teaching people courtesy phrases so they can learn how to use polite manners. This will help you when someone gives you something or helps you out. We would start by teaching them simple phrases like i.e. If some one gives u something you would say Gracias (Gra-see-as)-thank you ,and they would say Denada (Dae-nad-a)-your welcome. Or If someone ask's you how are you, you would say Muy Bien (Muy-be-in) - Very Good Ytu? (E-Two)  -and you. We will repeat them until the student or whoever understands the whole concept of courtesy phrases.      

Script:

Raeven: !hola!

Tyler: !Hola!

Raeven: Como estas?

Tyler: !Muy Bien!  Y tu?

Raeven: Igualmente

Tyler: OK

3.Numbers!

We are also teaching people how to say numbers and phone numbers. They are also useful in plenty different ways. We will start off by teaching them 1-10 i.e. uno,dos,tres,cuatro,cinco,sies,siete,ocho,nueve,diez! Then the pattern will change 1-15  i.e. once, doce, trece, catorce, quince. But after those 15 numbers the pattern changes again 16-20 i.e. diecisies, diecisiete, dieciocho, diecinueve, diecinueve, viente. The pattern stays the same from 20-100. If you know all the ten's and mutiples of ten you will know the pattern. The pattern is Viente, Treinta, Cuarenta, Cicuenta, Sesenta, Setenta, Ochenta, Noventa, Cein. After every number u say the numbers 1-9 until you get to the next whole number. This can be used if someone ask's how old your are or if they was askin for your number.

Script

Tyler: !Hola!

Raeven: !Hola!

Tyler: Cual es tu número de teléfono ?

Raeven: Es el (dos uno cinco)/nueve ocho siete/ sies cuatro ocho tres

4.Weather Explanation!

We feel that everyone should know the weather. So why not teach them? We will start by teaching them how to spell the weather, and seasons. Then we will teach them how to say it. This wont be hard it will only take two lessons. Lesson 1 spelling the four seasons such as el  otoño (autumn), el invierno (winter),  

La primaver (spring) el verno( summer). We will also teach them how to spell the weather, such as frio (cold), calor ( warm), viento (windy) sol (sunny), fresco(cool). This can be useful when someone ask's you whats the weather like or how does it feel today you could answer them with a correct answer better than guess.

(Months and dates) 

Explanation to teach:

Script

Raeven: ¿Que tiempo hace?

Tyler: Hace frio

Raeven: Gracias

Tyler: Denada            

5. (Months and Dates)

If someone asks you when is your birthday wouldn’t you want to know? Well that’s why we are teaching them the months and the dates. This can help you in many different ways.

To say “January”, you say- enero

To say “February”, you say- febrero

To say “March”, you say- marzo

To say “April”, you say- abril

To say “May”, you say- mayo

To say “June”, you say- junio

To say “July”, you say- Julio

To say “August”- you say- augosto

To say “September”- you say septiembre

To say “October” – you say octubre

Script:

Raeven:¡Hola! 

Tyler: ¡ Hola!

Raeven: ¿Cual es la fecha de hoy?

Tyler: Hoy es el tres de noviembre

Raeven: Gracias

Tyler: Denada

6.Explanation to Teach:
Tyler and I are going to teach the greetings and goodbyes.

1. Greetings:

To say "good morning", you say- Buenos Días

To say "good afternoon", you say- Buenas Tardes

To say "good noches", you say- Buenas Noches

*Afternoon and Night are the only two greetings that have "as" after Buenas. (feminina) *

2. Más Saludos

To say "How are you?", you say- ¿Qué tal? or ¿Cómo va? The other way you can ask "How are you?", you ask "¿Cómo estas? (tu) or ¿Cómo esta? (formal). 

*You say estás when you are talking to a friend or a younger family member. You use está when you are talking to a teacher or the president*

To respond, you say:

Más o menos-alright

(Muy) mal. / Terríble.- Awful

¿Y tú?- And you?

¡Ay, ay, ay-Oh no!

¡Que bien!- Oh, good!

Explanation for Greetings:

In this video, Tyler and Raeven are going to have a conversation and say the polite and correct greetings.

Script:

Tyler: ¡Buenos Días Raeven!

Raeven: ¡Hola Tyler!

Tyler: ¿Cómo estás?

Raeven: Muy bien gracias. ¿Y tú?

Tyler: Más o menos

Raeven: ¡Ay, ay, ay!

Tyler: Sí

Raeven: *sigh*

Tyler: ¡Adios!

Raeven: ¡Hasta luego!

7. Explanation of Days of the Weeks:

Tyler and I (Raeven) are going to teach the Days of the Week:

1. Days of the Week

To say “Monday”, you say- lunes

To say “Tuesday”, you say- martes

To say “Wednesday” , you say- miércoles

To say “Thursday”, you say- jueves

To say “Friday”, - you say- viernes

To say “Saturday”, you say- sábado

To say “Sunday”, you say- domingo

*In Spanish speaking countries, their days of the week are lower case*

To ask what is today?, you ask - ¿Qué día es hoy?

Explanation for Days of the Week:

The this video, Tyler and Raeven is going to teach how to pronounce the Days of the Week and say them correctly.

Script:

Tyler & Raeven: lunes, martes, miérocles, jueves, viernes, sábado, y domingo. (x2)

Tyler: ¿Qué día es hoy?

Raeven: Miércoles.