Spanish Rice - Gilberto Gonzalez

Ingredients and Analysis 

1. Get 2 cups of water to boil.

2. Pour rice into pot and stir it with the Seasoning and Sofrioto.

3. Add the boiling water, and let it sit for 20-25 minutes.

4. Mix the rice some more and let it sit, for 5-10 minutes.

Rice, Sofrito, and Goya Seasoning. Rice isn't unhealthy for anyone and vegetarians can eat it. The goya seasoning is just the seasoning that gives the rice the spanish flare also edible by vegetarians, and sofrito is homemade which is spices and vegetables so it is also edible by vegetarians. 

Spanish rice is something eaten quite often within spanish families, it's dinner or lunch almost every day. Its usually not the main dish but a supporter to other dishes such as fish, beef, steak, and anything else. To families that don't have their own recipe they usually use goya products to make the spanish rice or season it.

When I was thinking of what I wanted to make thats all natural I asked my dad. We looked around the house and found rice and the Goya seasoning. The rice we used was from japan because it was bought at the asian market. So the rice traveled quite far and the goya seasoning is usually made in america so the seasoning didn't cost much.

The meal in total cost is cheap depending on the amount of rice, seasoning, and sofrito you use.

Reflection

In this unit I didn't learn much. This unit just opened up my eyes a bit more to my surroundings. I was aware of how unhealthy, and processed many foods are but I continued to eat them. In this unit I was reminded what happens to the burgers I eat, and all the other food I eat this unit reminded me how they mistreat the food I eat. It makes me somewhat indecisive when it comes to choosing food because I think to myself how much of a terrible life the animals had and what they had to deal with their whole life. An example would be that in the movie we watched the cows had holes in the side of their stomachs to allow the farmers to take out the crap they didn't need that would get stuck in their stomach due to eating corn when they're meant to eat grass. I'd imagine the cows dealt with all sorts of pain.

In this unit the main thing I learned was that the organic food cost more than processed food is a myth because of a homework assignment. Most of the prices where similar and the only time processed was cheaper was when it was fast food such as mcdonalds. 

Food Slide