Spanish Robert and Keith

1.  1.Time (La Hora)
  2. 2.Tú vs Ud. questions (informal vs. formal)
  3. 3.Alphabet pronunciation (El Alfabeto)
  4. 4.Weather (El Tiempo)
  5. 5.Greetings (Saludos)
  6. 6.Days of the Week (Los Días de la Semana)
  7. 7.Months and Dates ( Los Meses del Año)
  1. Meeting someone in a office
  2. Talking to a adult vs a child
  3. Sing the Alphabet
  4. Telling a forcast
  5. Asking some one for the time and them telling you
  6. Sing the days of the week song
  7. Asking the day of a Holiday

How to Ask someone for the time?

First we will teach you how to ask for or tell the time. This is important to real life cause if you do not have a clock or watch at your disposal you will need to ask someone for the time and this tutorial will show you how to.

• Their are three ways to ask. (What time is it?) You can ask by saying "Qué hora es?", "Qué hora son?", or Qué hora tiene. Any of these will be find to use anytime you ask for the time.  
  • Now that you know how to ask for the time i will now tell you how to tell time.If someone says" Qué hora es? "You can by saying Es la una if ita one o'clock or Son las... for any other number between dose and doce.Also to say  the number of minutes you must use y unless it between 45 and 59 mintues you must use menos.For example to say 1:15 you say "Es la una y cuartro" or you could say "Es la una y quince". But to say 5:45 you say "Son las cinco menos cuatro" or "Son las cinco menos quince."
  • A way you could this in really life is by  asking someone in your school hallway for the time.

Talking to Adults vs. Children

Tú is for non- adults
Usted is for Adults
This is usefull for parents and children it shows class. When you are speaking to an adult and say (y usted ) that is formal, but when you are speaking to your friend you say (y tú) each is saying (and you) but one is formal and ones informal.

Singing the Alphabet

A: ah, B: beh, C: seh, CH: cheh, D: deh, E: eh, F: efeh, G: heh, H: ah-cheh, I: eee, J: ho-ta, K: ka, L: eleh, LL: elleh, M: emeh, N: eneh, Ñ: eneyeh, O: oh, P: peh, Q: cooooo, R: ereh, S: eseh, T: teh, U: ooo, V: veh, W: dobleh veh, X: Eh-quis, Y: eee gree-eh-gah, Z: zetah

Make every letter a short letter not in size but in sound. Every y is an high e. Every ll is a y. All J's are h's. Instead of saying Q its coooo. Its not W is Dobleh veh Like a double v. X is Eh- quis its like spelling x with a uis on the end. Z is Zetah remember the z its the only one that starts with z.

(El Tiempo) Weather

Now i will teach you how to describe the weather.This is a good task to use for  a good life tool and also could be used in the workplace if you are a  weather forcastor.
  • The way that you ask someone "How's the weather?" is to say ¿Qué tiempo hace? Which literally means "what's the weather like?".
  • Now that you know how to ask about the weather now you need to describe weather.To describe weather you say "Hace" followed by any these descriptions.
 frio for cold
calor for hot
viento for windy
sol for sunny
fresco for cool

Los Días de la Semana ( Days of the Week)

Today I would teach you how to say the days of the week and how to ask and tell someone the day.The reason  you should learn this is because knowing the days of the week for purpose such as scheduling meetings or events or just to have common knowledge of the day you are living.

• Before i can teach you how to ask or tell someone the date you must first learn how to pronounce each day.For example Monday=lunes, Tuesday=martes, Wednesday= miercoles,Thursday=jueves, Friday=Viernes, Saturday=sábado, and Sunday=domingo.Also you must never capitalize the days of the week.
  • The way that you ask" What day it is?" or the literal translation of  "What day is today?" is by say "¿Qué dis es hoy?". But the way you would respond is by say "Es"then the day.For example if its Tuesday you would response " Es martes"
  • A way you could use this skill in life is singing the Days of the Week Song.