Scary Spiderman

For our project, we turned Spiderman 3 into a thriller film. The original movie was portrayed as a superhero action movie, with Peter Parker being the hero disguised as Spider-man. However with the intentions of increasing the intensity, the film created frightening imagery quite often. The scenes could be scary on their own but kept from becoming complete horror through heroic music and Peter winning at the end. The film could be edited down to clips where they only show Peter walking through creepy places, which could give suggestions this is the sort of place he likes to spend time in. It is even possible to make Peter into a monster instead of a hero as he deals with Venom, who was only created from using him as a host. This parasitic alien, known as Venom, caused Peter to act mean towards his love, Mary Jane. To manipulate the story from love to villainous, in a trailer we will remove scenes of Mary Jane and Peter kissing; we will keep scenes where he hurts MJ and others, along with any other acts of misdeeds. He cheats on Mary Jane and ruins her performance at the restaurant she works at. These scenes can be manipulated to make Peter malicious towards her. The origin of Spiderman could also be manipulated. When Peter is first bit by a radioactive spider, he awkwardly takes a picture of Mary Jane on a school trip as her friends try to pull her away. In a twisted version of the story, the spider bite could then have motivated him to go after her instead of save people. This can be expanded to having Peter weird out Mary Jane. This concept has been done in other school projects and been posted online so this would be portrayed as a side story by having little time in the trailer. When Peter first gets his powers, he gets into a fight at school. The fight has lighthearted moments. Peter impressively doing backflips and other stunts is met with cheers. His opponent comedically gets food spilled on him after Peter knocks him down the hall. Peter’s friend smiles at him. When these parts are taken out and edited to a faster pace, the scene is left with Peter twisting the other student’s hand as both their faces twist in either anger or pain, and their classmates watch in horror. This works with building fear of Peter in Mary Jane because she is in the crowd, gasping and staring at Peter as people back away. There are also multiple frightening scenes that show how monstrous Venom is. At one point, Venum has demon like teeth though it is no longer on Peter, we can edit it to still have a human like form giving the illusion of it being Peter. There is also a scene where Peter struggles to get rid of Venom, and the black icky goo which is the parasite swirls around Peter. If shown without the context of Peter successfully getting rid of Venom, it may look as if Peter is going crazy, especially if played backwards.