Stamp cut out

For the pass 4 class periods in art, We were given a task to create a stamp that represents me. My own symbol that everybody can see and know that its mine. We first started with a sketch. My first idea represented me the most because it related back to the thing i love music. So i made an MPC with a hawaiian print behind it. It was a good design up until i realised that i couldn't use it. It wasn't a good design to be cut out into negative space. I then decided to make an old 60s style TV. Why? because i like old fashioned stuff and my first album had an "old look" to it. I started designing and came up with a perfect concept of where the positive and negative space was going to be. After i figured that out, i continued to cut it out on the last day and put it on paper. overall, i like the way my stamp came out. I feel like i did exactly what the objective was and describe myself in an image. And because of the thought and work i put into it, it all came together and made a art piece i love.
20170512_101144
20170512_101144