Team Power Puff Girls FT Mojo Jojo Podcast .. Read to Page 50

Enjoy :D 
Powder Puff Girl and Mojo Jojo

Mark Miles (Teacher)
Mark Miles

In response to Arlana’s initial question: I believe the point Mr. Huff was trying to make with the surveys/studies he chose was exactly the issue she brought up: sample choice (either size or specific make-up) affecting the story a statistician wants to tell. This is directly related to my question #2. Keep in mind that Mr. Huff did not perform these surveys/studies; he is using someone else’s surveys/studies. Surveys/studies that were used to prove a point, and he’s trying to point out how those surveys/studies might be misleading.

In response to skewedness: If the data is skewed RIGHT, the tail of the data goes to the RIGHT. If the data is skewed RIGHT, the mean is to the RIGHT of the median.

Mark Miles (Teacher)
Mark Miles
  1. Choose one of the quotations inside the front cover and discuss how it relates to the Introduction.
  2. Put the second paragraph on Page 18 (“A river cannot….”) into your own words.
  3. When we see an average reported, what do we need to ask besides which kind of average is being used? Why?
Mark Miles (Teacher)
Mark Miles

Don't forget to put the following in the text of your next post: Group members present during the discussion What your club discussed How you discussed it Any points of conflict/disagreement in discussion Questions that came up as a result of the discussion