Teron's Lit Long #2

Flim: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Song #1: Ennio Morricone - The Good the Bad and the Ugly
I included this song because it fits so well in this movie. This song is legendary. You could probably hear this song in every cowboy theme movie ever. This song connects to events in the film because it is a classic western song that you would usually hear when two cowboys are having a staredown before a duel. I would have put this song right before the scene where Harvey said “Guns or Knives” challenging Butch to either a knife or gun fight for his leadership in the Hole-in-the-Wall gang and ended after Butch said “Well, thank you, Flatnose. That’s what sustained me in my time of trouble.”​​​​ after kicking Harvey in the groin and punching him in the face winning the duel. Overall this song could easily be put into anywhere in this movie at any given part without it feeling out of place.

Song #2: Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around I include this song because it is a great song. This song would have fit perfectly to open the movie where they show the credits and scenes from the movie. I get western vibes from listening to this song with the guitar and lyrics. When I hear this song it makes me think of a rebel, a guy who runs the place, a guy who doesn’t care and it’s certain someone who is like that in the movie and that someone is Butch. This song connects to the event in the flim because in my opinion this song fits Butch character and personalliy really well. Butch is the guy. Everyone knows Butch. When he comes around just know it’s about to go down. He is a natural born leader. Women love him and it’s men that want to be him. He is an outlaw. He robs trains and runs from posses. He enjoys the fame and excitement.

Song #3: Johnny Cash - Hurt This chose this song because it would end the movie perfectly. Every great movie needs a good song to finish it and this song would do. It’s a nice catchy song. I would have put this song at the ending when Butch and Sundance Kid run out the building with guns in they hands getting ready to fight the posses and then have it transition over into the end credits. This song connects to events of the film because the song is called “Hurt.’’ Sundance Kid and Butch are clearly hurt. They are drawing blood, they have scars across their faces and they are tired but they are going to keep fighting until they can’t do it any more which means they are dead. Overall playing this song at the end of the movie would really show us how powerful Butch and Sundance Kid are.

Song #4: The Handsome Family- Far From Any Road I chose this song because it’s a very calming song that you can use for a lot of scenes in a lot of different movies. I would have use this song with the scene of Butch and Sundacnce Kid are being chased by the posses after they robbed the train. The chasing scene was great but my one problem was it didn’t have any music. This song connects the events to the film because this song is called “Far From Any Road” and Butch and the Sundace Kid were being chased by the posses for a long time. This total scene was 27 minutes long. I pretty sure Butch and Sundance Kid didn’t even know where they was going. They were just going straight trying to avoid themselves from getting caught by the posse.

Song #5: Short Change Hero - The Heavy I chose this song because it would go great with an action scene. I would have used this song for scene with the shootout with the Sundace Kid shooting back at the posses trying to save Butch. Playing this song with this scene would just mesh together so well. Just watching the Sundance kid using his phenomenal gun skills to take out the posse one by one was just very amusing to watch. This song connects to the events of the film even though it might not feel like it, the Sundace Kid is a hero. Out of everyone in the “Hole in the Wall Gang” he’s the most valuable. He has to do the dirty work in the gang. His challenge is to keep him and Butch from getting killed.