"That Pasta Jawn"

The food that I am choosing to analyze is one of my favorite dishes made in my household. It does not have a name, I tend to call it “That Pasta Jawn”. It is made with Turkey Kielbasa, whole grain penne pasta, cayenne pepper, oregano, pepper, as well as fresh garlic, basil, onions, and red, green, and yellow peppers. I believe that about 60 percent of this meal is processed. The pasta and meat have the biggest proportions in the meal which leads me to think that the other 40% consists of vegetables. There is a lot of garlic, onions, and peppers involved which sort of equates the meat and pasta which are processed.

In total, this meal would cost about $19.59, but it would feed approximately 6 people. Compared to the fast food restaurants you’d initially think that the it’s cheaper than the meal that I described, but that isn’t the case. My meal would be able to feed about 6 people meanwhile a meal at a fastfood chain could vary from $5-$12 per person. Fast food lives up to the idea of being fast, quick, and easy, but often times home cooked meals can be cheaper and healthier.

Although this meal isn't 100% bad for you, it’s also not the best thing to eat every night. The protein that is apart of this meal is beef/red meat which isn’t so good for your body. They’re typically high in saturated fat which makes your cholesterol high and can later lead to heart disease if consumed too often. The whole grain pasta that’s involved isn't the absolute worst on the market, but it is still a processed food. Because it is whole grain, there’s more protein than regular pasta, but it is still a carb which isn’t always the best for your body depending on your diet.