The Bluest Podcast

Book: The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison

Jasir Chavis, Jueni Austin, Phoenix Satterfield, Lyss Williams

“The Bluest Eye” by Toni Morrison is a story about a young black girl who is mocked by other children for her dark skin. She prays every day for blonde hair and blue eyes because she thinks that’s what would make people love her. In our podcast, you will hear us discuss themes such as culture, colorism, racism, and beauty standards and how they appear in the book. Enjoy!

Alicia-Noor Kreidie (Student 2021)
Alicia-Noor Kreidie

The way you start off with reading the back of the book is a great way of summarization. Your conversation is fluid and answers so many questions but still leaves the listener engaged and inquisitive, really a great mix! The analysis of the doll is so important and an aspect that could be overlooked so I really appreciate how much time you took on understanding the deeper meaning of the doll.

Isabela Curtin (Student 2021)
Isabela Curtin

I loved this podcast! It gave a clear introduction to the book and its plot. You guys were respectfull to each other and had awsome insight to the story. I liked how you looked deeper into the story and connected it to more "abstract" ideas.

Maxwell Lewis (Student 2021)
Maxwell Lewis

I love how the podcast starts off by giving the listeners a summary of the book and a few main ideas. I also really enjoy how everyone has their own unique perspective on the book. This podcast group does a good job building conversation off of each other. This group also did a great job highlighting the deep and thought aspects of the book but also showing the funny side of the book. The way the group describes and analysis the doll. The group does a nice job connecting their thoughts and ideas of the doll to a direct quote from the book.