Unpacking Pi

Maya West (Student 2022)
Maya West

I really liked how your group explored the different lens of it not being centered around how another species acts but how we can take accountability for our own actions and realize that in hindsight, we aren't really that much different.

Isabel Boix (Student 2022)
Isabel Boix

Great use of quotes! I liked how all of you kinda added your own ideas on human nature into your analysis of the book while staying true to the actual text. I liked how you guys analyzed all the symbols in the book like how he went from vegetarian to omnivore. 

Ella Newburger (Student 2022)
Ella Newburger

I think you guys ended off this series very well. The recap at the start is very helpful and it helps it bring it all together. I think it's very interesting how you analyzed the character of the tiger.

Nicolas Werner (Student 2022)
Nicolas Werner

I really liked all the discussion around humans forgetting they are animals. There was a similar theme in my book where humans like to think that they are something special even though they're really just the same as everything else. I agree with your analysis that the author was trying to juxtapose Pi and Richard Parker to show that humans are just animals.

Amaya Lam (Student 2022)
Amaya Lam

I thought the different interpretations of human and animal relationships was really interesting and the idea of the author's intent being around humanity.

Mira Young (Student 2022)
Mira Young

Geonni's point about the author's intent being centered around reminding humans that they are animals too was strong and interesting. It started a really interesting conversation that was fun to listen to, made a space for people to add on new ideas and flesh out the author's intent, and got everyone contributing!