Vegetable and Goat cheese quesadilla.

A) Ingredients

• 1 tablespoon olive oil

• 1/4 cup thinly sliced white onion

• 1/2 teaspoon cumin

• Pinch of Salt

• Pepper

• 1 tortilla

• 1/2 cup shredded hard goat cheese

• 1/2 large sliced tomato

• fresh basil or sage

B)Directions to make Vegetable and Goat cheese quesadilla.

• Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. You can add toppings such as unions and sauté until translucent for around 5 minutes. After season it with salt, and pepper. Remove onions from pan and set aside.

• Using the same pan, lay the tortilla flat on the pan in medium heat. Sprinkle cheese evenly on top. Top half the cheese with cooked onions, tomato, and herbs. When cheese begins to melt, fold cheese-only side of tortilla over. Cook for another minute. You can repeat this process for larger crowds of people such as a whole classroom. Each person will want more than one, but it is healthy and taste very good and is also quick.

c) Analysis

Goat cheese is easy to digest for people who are lactose intolerant. You can use a whole wheat tortilla which has fiber. You can also use veggies for toppings which are extremely healthy and have antioxidants.

This is the beautiful thing about making a meal that is from a country like Mexico. In Mexico, most of the ingredients you will find are grown locally and are very fresh. What this means is that the food that you will be eating will most likely not be processed. Goat cheese also contains whey which contains protein. If you are going to the gym a lot, you might want to think about creating one of these healthy quesadillas because you can fuel your gains. Furthermore, you can also eat the veggies from locally grown markets, or you can buy bad veggies. Either way, you know that it will be much better for you than a processed meal.

This meal should really cost less than 10$. If you are buying all of these ingredients in bulk than the price of each quesadilla plummets. If you are just planning to make one of these for yourself, than you might want to think about saving some for friends because you will have a hard time buying the ingredients in a small quantity. In comparison with fast food, you are getting not only a better deal but a healthier deal with these quesadillas in comparison with Taco Bell. The people who make money off of this meal are local farmers who are just out here attempting to connect people with great food and healthy lifestyles. It is a beautiful thing that large corporations/ businesses are not involved. If you go with the large companies, you might not get as much flavor or nutrients, but it might be a little cheaper. In this case we will definitely go with the healthy and local market route. ENJOY YOUR MEAL!