VRoeung NHD Project

russian-army-repels-hitlers-forces-31
russian-army-repels-hitlers-forces-31
​Click this to download the File: .8Mb
The File is NHD.zip
Unzip and open: index.html
Please use firefox to browse it as i've known chrome to have problems viewing it.                

Vichhay Roeung

Earth Stream

USH – Laufenburg

Benchmark Reflection

There were many aspects of the project that affected my choice of topics. Mainly as this topic was based off a boarder topic, if the United States should had been involved in World War II. Which what I did was focused on what they did most that was based on diplomacy and debate. Thus, as I looked through the history of the United States involvement in the war, I founded out that they were in an allied relationship with Britain since World War I and that Britain was one of the major forces of the Allies.

I selected the category of website as I was doing it as a solo project, which website building I thought would be a fast and easy process for an individual task. I used the website method as it was an easier presentation method which I knew how to work. Using the program Iweb as it was just a simple drag and drop process while other method would require coding HTML. A long and tedious process, which I find could be done faster and easier with Iweb.                    

The problems that I ran into while working on this project were actually making it visually appealing and informative in a way that always lead back to my thesis. Problems that included flash animation, so that the website could be visually appealing but also interactive besides just having hyperlinks. But I had no knowledge of hot to use flash until I had some help in making simple animation. Beside problems that were electronically, there were the occasional moments that I was procrastinating which slowed down the completion of the project.

What went well in the project was the assistance that I had from other students. One student, being Robert Boardwater taught me how to do partial flash animation, useful both as a skill and for this project. The primary source that I used for this portion was actually the easiest as there was actually a old radio recording of Churchill’s speech that spoke out to the United States that they were willing to fight if they were given the tools.

If I were to do this again, what I would change is the amount of procrastination I had during the time we had to do the project. As when I was working on it, it was actually easier then I imagine and I believe I could do a better job if I had known this earlier. Such as providing more links or information that could be useful in the website or the visual aspects of the website. Which there were many things that I learned from this project, things that involved the level of my ability and how I confronted the problems ahead.