Watergate Scandal?

Hi, my name is Natasha and for my History/English 4th quarter benchmark, I planned on changing events surrounding the Watergate Scandal, involving the republican party and Richard Nixon and seeing how history would have been different and where we would be in 2011.

View my Prezi Presentation here

Reflection!

There are many things I liked about this project, then there are some things I did not like or that were challenging. I liked the fact that when you actually found a topic, the way you could really change history. It was challenging finding a topic that I was interested in and then trying to make sure that whatever I would change would make sense. It was also challenging to make the primary source documents. I investigated the watergate scandal. I already knew the Richard Nixon resigned however I forgot why. So going back and researching it was cool to really find out what happened, and how things unfolded. I loved the quote I found by Nixon where he said " if the President does it, it is not illegal." It caght me off guard tremendously that after he tried to cover up having people break into the Democratic Committee Offices in order to have some type of advantage in the political race, that he would say that. He was an extremely smart guy who contradicted himself. He was President, so whatever he did affects what happens in America. For important people in the country who have a say in what happens, then each move they take, and each decision the have to make affects everything. Systematic changes impact historical records because they can change the way someone who's reading the source think. This project can definitely be improved by having more time to really get things together. If you did not have a topic by the assigned date, then you really were going to struggle. I think if the project was more detailed as well with what we were suppose to do or if we could see other students project that way we can get an idea of what we are suppose to turn in. I would change the way I approached a topic. Pick a time and really get specific as opposed to just finding an event and thinking of ways to change it.