What Comes With The Money

Good Evening Idiot Prostitutes. Look at me, I’m Taylor Hunt, you know who I am but allow me to reintroduce myself. I drive a Rolls. Royce that is. It’s a hot pink and no I don’t drive everyday, but I do have car service pick me up. And please don’t you ever disrespect me by saying it’s an Uber.

Why did you look at me like that? I am not driving in that widely popular car service, that's where you get diseases, and um by the way I’m widely popular also. You may be popular in two or three months but I’ll always be the Regina George of this group.

My father is filthy rich. He’s a billionaire, You know him, Jonathan Hunt the person that developed most of your houses. I don’t want or need for anything. Oh and I’m also dating the hottest football player on campus Mike Sergiano. Yup thats right number 13. He’s my man and if any of you sluts have something to say to him, you must go to me first. Oh yeah by the way I was crowned prom queen twice. And No I wasn’t left back, I was asked to prom my sophomore year. Any questions?

My mom, what do you mean who’s my mom? Ugh okay, oh god….. My mother is Grace Helen. I don’t talk about her because I haven't talked to her in two years. She was who I looked up to, who I wanted to be and in an instant she was gone. No, she’s not dead but from the feeling I have inside she is. It was not her fault and I know she didn’t want it to be like this but it was him. (voice cracks, starts to tear up)

Him, the guy that I never admired, but the one who takes care of me. It was chaos, it was fear, it was trouble, it was pain. I hated to see the dark red marks on her back. But at least she got away. I always wanted her to be safe but now….. I’m stuck with the fear of never seeing her again. Her beautiful face, the glisten in her eyes, the pretty white smile, it was just a show. It hid the pain than sat forever (big pause, deep breath) love. I’m scared of it, It’s hard to see that love isn’t a slap in the face or a black eye, but it’s compassion, affection and kindness. Mike, I’m sorry that you love me and I never say it back, It’s just…..I was never showed what true love is. The Rolls, the hair, the makeup, it doesn’t solve anything. Well wait I do like my Rolls though. But what does money buy you….Nothing that has true value.

All my life I have been blamed for everyone's problem, without anyone ever asking if I was okay. There was one time in the third grade when I yelled at this girl for bumping into me. I wasn’t mad at her it was the day after I saw my mom and dad get into a physical altercation for the first time. I was traumatized, I was mad, but no one would know because no one asked. All they cared was that the girl I yelled at was okay. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know if I should tell someone because I didn’t want to break up the family, but I regret it. I could've stopped the war. (Crying)

So please don’t ever ask me about my mom or you will not have the honor to be one of my little minions.

What Comes With the Money (1)

Cindy Chen (Student 2018)
Cindy Chen

This is an interesting monologue even though, I cannot connect to the character. One moment from the monologue that stuck out to me was "Him, the guy that I never admired, but the one who takes care of me". This stuck out to me because this show how powerful a relationship can be even though if they knew what happen cause after all, she still sticks with his father because he took care of her. Good Job!

Syeda Kalim (Student 2018)
Syeda Kalim

I love this! It was really entertaining to read, especially when there were random jokes. You can tell why Taylor Hunt acts the way she does. I can't connect with the character however. The thing that stood out to me is that in the beginning she seemed like a brat, but as the monologue went on, the reader can feel sympathy for her.

Charles Velazquez (Student 2018)
Charles Velazquez

The monologue was really good. I cannot connect with the main character because I never met someone so selfish. The part that stuck out to me the most was when Taylor said," I hated to see the dark red marks on her back. But at least she got away. I always wanted her to be safe but now….. I’m stuck with the fear of never seeing her again. ¨. This really stuck out to me because it shows that Taylor had compassion but it was replaced with the hatred of her Dad for driving her mom away.

Eli Block (Student 2018)
Eli Block

This is really good, I cannot connect to the character though. I think the part that stuck with me the most is "him, the guy who I never admired but who always took care of me." I think this will stick to me the most because it is very powerful and shows who she is a lot.