Why are they messing with your mind?

He had game since he used to hoop in his driveway. Neither the ghetto nor defenders could trap him. For sure people that labeled themselves as his friends would act as though they had his back. He was living a live that they couldn't fathom. Colleges tried to get at him by recruiting and handing him all different types of scholarships. Even though everybody knew that he'd leave college quick for the pros. Haters called him the one from the hood that was chose. Others identified him as the black rose that grew in the jungle. Little that they knew, he was just a humbled kid thrown into the spotlight. Everyone wanted a piece of him. All different types of women gave him troubled love. The kind of love when you up they down. Because you can dribble a ball, they come around. When you win, they see it as their crown. Dudes that had known him for years, people that he shared beers, cheers, and tears with choose different careers. When he made it to the league the money and the fame came, and those same dudes did not know how to react. Once he came back home to visit, those same people he grew up with shot him in the back.