250 Word Sentence: Hoping for a Joke

Victoria sat on the cushion of the windowsill in deep thought, switching between glancing down at the dark vacant street below her, which was occupied by only two sleeping cars; one blue, one white, and then up at the sparkling starry sky while she hoped that at least one of the burning bodies of gases had received all of her telepathic wishes and had sent her back some sort of confirmation that earlier that day when Bobby Johnson had approached her in the hallway and grabbed her hand to pull her aside to say “Vicky, I… well, we…. I mean, I should first say that I… no wait, she became…  sweet heart Lisa and I are having a baby,” he was jokingly referring to the most popular senior health project where the students pair up and take care of a child, and that when she laughed and shoved him playfully, replying, “Omigod, shut up- really? It’s such a shame; that child will die in days,” he would’ve smiled and agreed with a laugh of his own while wrapping his arms around her comfortably and reminding her of her future in bearing his children instead of remaining serious and grabbing her hand, holding onto it and refusing to let go until she undoubtedly understood that he was seriously and literally going to have a child with Lisa, who was not only her best friend since pre- school, but the one who had introduced Bobby to her as her first cousin, but dragging her along through this disturbing joke was just too much fun for him.