Yafang Wu Capstone

For my capstone, I decided to work with holograms, as a hologram is something that interests me, and holograms involve different kinds of engineering that I am not very familiar with, electrical engineering and coding.

In my final product, there is a port which takes the input from a laptop, process it through an Arduino Nano, then display it on a TFT LCD screen. Then the information displayed on the LCD screen reflect onto a mirror, then to a piece of translucent acrylic glass. The whole thing is connected to a pair of glasses frame, and the wearer can read information from the acrylic glass through their right eyes.

My capstone did not end up exactly where I wanted it to be, I was imagining something better, but I did not have the skills to do that yet. I do plan to continue working on it throughout college. Since it did not turn out to be as good or as small as I wanted it to be, I decided to have some fun in the end, and I made the case very spiky, and I named my final product “Spiky”.

In the end, not only did I learned electrical engineering and coding, I also had a lot of fun and learned things about myself.

spiky 3
spiky 3
spiky 4
spiky 4
Yafang Capstone Bibliography