You get that charger yet?

​"Hey Zach, did you get a new charger?"

Thats all it took for Zach to get started. Freshman year, it seemed like we were all lost whenever we didn't have our laptops. Back then, it was easy to get frustrated without it, the desire to have the machine at our fingers was unmatched compared to the other schools in Philadelphia.

But of course when things went wrong, we had to wait

Of all our friends, Zach was the first to have a major problem with this. Something (I forgot) happened to his charger and he was unable to use his computer as much as he wanted to, often asking the rest of our group for their chargers to use for the period, day, etc. Evett, another friend from our group was particularly interested in wether Zach was able to get a charger or not. Maybe Obsessed is the right word to use, because there wasn't a day she forgot to ask him at least once. Zach was always a calm person, he still is today, little did we know the question that Evett asked him everyday started to fan the fire inside of Zach.

" I wonder if Zach got a charger"

I was the first to say it this time, but he wasn't around. He usually ran late during first period, we all did at one point.

"Im gonna ask him when he gets in"

This was routine for Evett by now, we would've never expected what happened next. Zach rolled in as expected and sat down in his chair, everyone from our group greeted him, it was primed to be a normal day until Evett asked him again.

"Hey Zach, you get that charger yet?"

I saw Zach's face getting red, at this point the unexpected was becoming reality, he took a deep breath and let out a yell that could've traveled through the entire school, but only managed to hit our ears.

"I told you 5 freakin times!!!!!!!!! I dont have a charger!!!!!!!!"

We all sat there in shock. Everyones face had a weird twisted expression. Zach let out a sigh and continued his work. 

"Ok......"

It was almost like Evett whispered. The shock of the moment passed and I could see everyone slowly smiling. Zach looked up and couldn't help but smile with the rest of us. Then, in that moment we all shared a great laugh that i'll always remember.