Abou Hinson Capstone

My capstone was on leadership experience and character development. I knew I’d be working with Phresh Philly for the most part because it had been my ILP and I enjoyed it in the past. I initially planned to build a greenhouse in north Philadelphia but our plans since have changed. I’ve had increased participation in the group so I thought I’d document my role and talk about my experiences. 

The 3 events that I documented were the financial literacy classes I co-hosted at SLA, the “Global Youth Service Day” event that I planned with my mentor, and a mentoring/education program I co-founded. I worked with a number of organizations to put these things together and I met some very amazing and inspiring people. I decided to do this as my capstone because I’ve always felt as if I were never preforming academically at my peak or as good as I should have been. After a summer of reflection I decided to go on a journey to reach my intellectual capacity, and these events have gave me even more to reflect on.