Alissa DiBartolomeo NHD BM Q3

Click this to view my National History day benchmark !

Reflection on this Benchmark:

At first looking at this benchmark outline, I was going to do Hitler as my topic, but I couldn't really get the theme out when doing and researching him. I went to go talk to miss Laufenberg and she gave me this topic because in class when we spoke of the Atomic Bomb I was really interested in it.
     After deciding on The Atomic Bomb I looked at the choices I had to do this project, when I seen live performance immediately wanted to do that. But when I thought about it i realized that it would be really hard to reenact The Atomic Bomb because I really can't make a bomb fall. After I realized that I looked at the other choices and saw website. I started to try and see what I could do if i made the website before I picked it. After realizing that I could do that I picked it. Since I wasn't going to perform my NHD project, instead of making a whole website I choose to do an iWeb for my benchmark.
    The most trouble this project gave me was finding primary sources, secondary was easy. Finding websites and videos taken from the exact same time the Atomic Bomb was really hard to find. I went to all different websites looking to see if the information was taken at the same time as the topic. After I found a couple I went looking for pictures and videos. The pictures were really hard to find because before I used them I had to make sure they were from the same day. I was thinking just because they were black and white that it was from the same date. But it wasn't. Looking for primary sources had to be the hardest part of this project.
    The things that went well were the information. Putting the information together was the easiest part of this project. Usually putting information into a project is the hardest part. But there was so much information that I was so easy. All I really had to do was but it all together and write the report.
    If I did this project over I would take my time picking the topic and see if the information would go good with the theme before deciding the topic. Not taking my time blew so much time again that I could have used to help me look for primary sources. Because of the picking the topic in such a hurry, I lost valuable time doing this benchmark. I feel like if I can do this project over, take back the time that I lost, my project would me 10 times better. Not that it isn't good, but the primary sources would be.
    After doing this project I learned so much information about the Atomic Bomb -Moral Debate. I learned why it happened, what it effected, and what was the damage that it caused. Doing this project I am really proud of my outcome project because I really think I took enough time to research about the topic and I gathered a bunch of information on this topic.