Amir Clinton Capstone

My capstone project involved shadowing a mechanic to gain insights into the craft and acquire practical skills relevant to their engineering pursuits. By combining my interests in cars and engineering, I embarked on a journey to understand the mechanics’ profession and explore its connection to the core values of research, inquiry, collaboration, and presentation. The research phase involved shadowing a mechanic and consulting external resources to gather information. Genuine curiosity fueled my inquiry into the life of a mechanic, while collaboration with field experts enriched my learning experience. To address the core values, I created two websites: one highlighting DIY car maintenance tips and the other providing comprehensive information on becoming a mechanic. The project involved a systematic approach, including extensive research on automotive repair and maintenance, hands-on experience working with a professional mechanic, and the development of knowledge-sharing platforms. My proficiency in various mechanical tasks improved as I acquired skills in engine diagnostics, electrical systems, and advanced repair techniques. The journey culminated in the creation of websites that served as resources for car owners and aspiring mechanics. Overall, this capstone project expanded my understanding of automotive repair, strengthened my problem-solving skills, fostered collaboration within the automotive community, and instilled confidence in my engineering abilities for the future.

Amir C. - Capstone Annotated Bibliography (1)
My Final Capstone Pieces