Avery Measley Capstone

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PvogICvN30JrUcvkr1XOteHAlRtfjMBScGDygQVVgk/edit

My capstone was to research the writing style of Mythical Realism and apply it to a collection of short stories I would write. I wanted to learn about the process of writing a choose your own adventure story that incorporated Magical Realism and multiple types of perspectives and writing styles. I would definitely say that I spend too much time on the research, and unfortunately underestimated the amount of time I would need to write. Thus I have labelled by project unfinished, and to be continued on my own time as a personal project. I saw my capstone as more of a learning process than writing a book, even though that was my original goal. I feel as if I have strengthened my skills, confidence, and understanding when it comes to creating and developing a story. I spent a lot of time reading and annotating other books, and I think one of the hardest things I had to learn was how to just start writing. I felt extremely unprepared when I first did so, and I went through at least four drafts for most of my stories. I somewhat regret this, but I hope that when I eventually complete it, the collection is something I can be proud of.
Capstone Annotated Bibliography