Behind the Scenes!!

My partner (Ellis Measely) and I worked on a Macbeth conspiracy video together. 

The project my partner and I have chosen for this assignment is a Theory video for Macbeth. It’s a show called Behind the Scenes. The point of Behind the Scenes is to shed some life on some theories people have made on the play Macbeth. We interview characters (actors) from the play in order to allow a vintage viewing experience.In order to truly understand the theories, we believed we had to simulate what the character being questioned would actually say in the situation we put them in. In our theory video, we discuss three theories. The first two we talk about smaller theories that we go past fairly quickly. The main theory we go over is a theory we like to call The Mind of Macbeth. In this theory, we talk about why Macbeth does the things he really does. We really go deep on some of the decisions Macbeth has made throughout the book. In order to get a satisfying answer, we interview various characters in order to get their side of the story. We also interview characters who we believe contributed to Macbeth’s downfall. It’s heavily implied in the play that Macbeth was being controlled/influenced by an outside force.

We both wanted to add a comedic tone to the video in order for it to be more enjoyable as a whole. Putting a less serious tone provided a way for people to come in, and stay in. There are so point, however, that are a little more serious.The serious tone is used to signify an event or feeling we felt needed to be addressed in a more serious way. 

Back to the smaller theories. We chat with Lady Macbeth about the possibility of her being a witch and we don’t get a real answer, but things are implied. Then we talk to Banquo about the third murderer. There are many theories that it could of been Macbeth, Lady Macbeth, and even Ross, but in the end it’s implied that it’s somebody nobody really knows.

We hope you enjoy!!

From your hosts,

Ellis and Karston

IMG-1769
IMG-1769
IMG-1768
IMG-1768
IMG-1767
IMG-1767
IMG-1770
IMG-1770

Karston Singleton (Student 2022)
Karston Singleton

Thank You everyone for watching! Also, think you everyone who was involved in the making of. I deeply apologize Sasha for not mentioning you in the Credits. Thank you so much for the last minute filming on such a tight schedule!!

Geonni Gee (Student 2022)
Geonni Gee

This was so funny and I really enjoyed watching it. I think you guys did really well at being clear and making your point in a way that keeps the audience interested.

Sasha Mannino (Student 2022)
Sasha Mannino

I really like the video and how you did the intro and preview of all the scenes. I like the title sequence and curtains. I think the concept and idea is really cool. Nice job!

Shenglan Qiu (Student 2022)
Shenglan Qiu

I love it the show, it is an awesome idea. The editing is really good. The transition was really smooth and the audio was clear. The project also shows a lot about the character. You guys did an awesome job.