Block Party Permits

​Link to chart.

The bureaucratic process in which we chose was the block party permit application. It is a simple, yet somewhat expensive process in which people who wish to plan and hold a block party must go through. The process only requires two sheets of paperwork and and varying amounts of money depending on the day of the week and the number of streets blocked off.

Our process was rather simple. It only took two days to get everything together and we were able to get everything else edited within the remaining in class time given. On the second class I counted the amount of students in the class and got the signatures of three quarters of them them which was the proportion needed. Beyond that the paperwork was simple and very straight forward.

If I had to change one thing it would be the fact that you have to pay more money of weekdays. I would also make the time needed to reserve the space longer as to give more time for bus routes to be informed. This would in term lower the prices of block parties by a significant amount on weekdays.