Blog Post #3

• Who did I speak with and why did I choose that person?

I spoke with a 17 year old from Columbia named Manuel Barbosa. I chose to use him because he was the only one willing to speak in completely spanish for 10 minutes at a time.

• What did you learn about them? What did you learn from them?

I learned a lot about life and culture in Columbia. I also learned new words and Columbian "slang"

• How did this interaction help you move towards achieving your personal goal?

Well considering my goal was to learn to be more polite he taught me 'impolite' phrases that I would use around my friends. Basically he taught me slang. This was helpful because now I know what not to say, and on top of that now I know how to interact with my spanish friends :D
  • What specifically did you do well according to your goals/expectations?

Again, I feel like I did very well with speaking only spanish. 

• What specifically do you need to improve on? (Quote specific things you said or did and what you would have done or said if you could do it again)

Being able to understand what they were saying, like the gist of it. I found myself confused a lot of the time.
manuel
manuel

Jessica Hinton (Student 2013)
Jessica Hinton

¿Qué te gusta sobre el blog post? Me gusta el blog post porque es tranquilo.

¿Qué sujerencias (suggestions) tienes? En íngles… This looks kind of short. Maybe you could have a longer conversation about something.

Longnu Nhan (Student 2013)
Longnu Nhan

¿Qué te gusta sobre el blog post? Me gusta el hecho de que él estaba escribiendo mucho.

¿Qué sujerencias (suggestions) tienes? Recomendamos para charlar más y entrar en la conversación

¿Qué es una pregunta que tienes sobre el tema (topic) del blog post? ¿Por qué no escriba mucho?