Book Review on 50 Shades of Grey

There are many characters in the book 50 Shades of Grey. The main characters’ names are Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele. They meet and suddenly become attracted to one another.

Christian Grey is a very intimate man with a huge secret. He is tall and attractive with dark, copper colored hair and intense, bright eyes. Christian is outspoken and speaks his mind about everything, but when it comes to his personal life he is extremely secretive. He is the CEO of Grey Enterprises Holdings, Inc. which means he is very rich and confident about himself.

Anastasia Steele is a senior and a literature student at Washington State University. She is awfully shy, especially when it comes to Christian Grey. She gets unnaturally nervous  around him and is very self conscious about how she looks and what she says. She is an intelligent woman with a terribly big issue.

In the book, Anastasia is given a document that makes her think twice about whether she wants to be associated with Christian Grey or not. She can not tell anyone about the document, so she can’t even get Kate, her roommate’s, opinion on the whole situation. If Ana doesn’t sign the document, she will never see or hear from Christian again, even though Christian really cares about her. Kate has her suspicions about Christian Grey, but she just can’t quite put her finger on it.

Christian Grey is a immensely manipulative towards everyone. He can get anyone that he knows to do things remarkably easy, especially Anastasia. She is so attracted to Christian she stumbles on her words and when she walks. They get to know each other very well as the book goes on, but Anastasia still doesn’t know what shes in for. She is sucked into his lifestyle easily by his intriguing eyes and mixed between happy and serious emotions. She sees that he is mysterious but she wants to pull him out of his shell and see what Christian is hiding. She tries getting in his heart, but quickly realizes that he won’t let anyone get that close to him.

Christian cares about Anastasia and wants her to part of his crazy lifestyle, but will she say yes to him?  He asks a lot from Ana. He wants her under his terms with very little compromise. Anastasia doesn’t know if she is ready for the affairs Christian wants her to be a part of. The problem on her mind is that if she doesn’t agree she will never see or hear from Christian again and she doesn’t want that to happen because she is really falling for him, but she still needs to think extremely hard.

The book, 50 Shades of Grey is intended for mature audiences only. Mature audiences means people that are comfortable with reading scenes that are very erotic and descriptive. Most people like to call it “Mommy Porn” because it is immensely erotic and  extremely descriptive. There is a lot of controversy over the book, and E.L. James, the author didn’t think it was going to get so popular so for her first print, she went to Australia and only got a few print outs of the book. Word spread about the book quickly, and millions of copies have been sold all over the world. 50 Shades of Grey is a trilogy, and you will fall in love with the first book so much that it will make you want to read the second, “50 Shades Darker,” and the third and final book, “50 Shades Freed.” This book is an erotic romantic novel will have you on the end of your seat the whole time you’re reading it.

E.L. James, the author of 50 Shades of Grey is a British woman who was born on March 7, 1963. This would make her 50 years old today. Her book came out June of 2011 which means when it was published she was 48. This was her first time writing a trilogy, and I loved the first books so much that I am definitely going to read the other ones. Her birth name is Erika Mitchell, and she just uses E.L. James as a pseudonym. James didn’t expect the book to get so popular. She won 2 awards in 2012 for 50 Shades of Grey and they were, Popular Fiction Book of the Year, and Book of the Year. The book is also nominated for a GoodReads choice awards finalist for best romance. It is also a number one New York Times Bestseller.

Get sucked into the erotic and romantic novel that will take you further than you have ever imagined you could go in a book. Get attached to Christian, find out why Anastasia gets nervous around him, and see if she takes the offer he gives her or turns him down. Or walks away forever?