Carolines Q2 - Art

This quarter, I created some abstract and creative art pieces for my assigned projects that go from drawings all the way to paintings and photo editing. I chose the abstract and creative route while doing these art assignments because I wanted to let loose on my art abilities and see what other kinds of drawings I could create. Some of my most important sources of art are old record covers. Record covers have very amazing art because they are always built around the music. Every record has a story which I adore, because it makes each one unique. It helps motivate me to not be scared about what I create. Which leads into my next source of idea, which is music. Artists and songs are really good for me to think about and listen to while drawing because it creates this whole new world of art for me that I didn't really know I had. For each of my drawings, I attempted to do more of a sketch approach while drawing, which is not like what I did for Quarter 1. For the outcome of my art, I wanted things to appear a tad messy in the end. I used to always want everything very perfect growing up, but now I love the look of trying to make something look flawed. It gives each piece a lot of character. For my materials, I prefer watercolors and colored pencils as materials. I don't like the look of markers in my drawings because I believe that once you use markers, there is no room to improve the work. Markers appear so permanent and intense. This is why I prefer lighter. During this quarter I learned about blind contour, which I have never really done before. I thought it was really interesting to see how creative my mind can be while not being able to see my paper. Some special materials that I used were acrylic paint. I am usually most comfortable with watercolor, so using some more intense paint was very cool. During my studio time, I planned out my next steps for my new art, as well as sketching. During this quarter, I was collaborating with my fellow peers who I never talked to before. It was really different to connect with people who have a similar interest as you. I would like people to know that I made an effort to different strategies compared to last quarter. I spent more time on my pieces and put some thought into them.