Colin Pierce: The Slide

Media Fluency 2 -- Colin
This is my slide. I had the images of things that interest me bleed off the bottom of the slide because, as said on Presentation Zen, they make the presentation look more engaging. To avoid making the slide feel like a long novel, I only included my first and last name at the top, and I left a small blank space on each side of the slide because it helped draw the focus to areas where there was content. Also, to make sure that the slide didn’t become too lifeless, I added an angry bear in front of an explosion to draw attention. At first there was just a picture of me, but I thought that it looked too cliche and uninteresting.
Media Fluency Improved
After presenting in front of the class, I got a lot of suggestions for how I could improve my slide. First of all, Ms. Hull told me that I should make my slide into halves, with one side having the bear and the other having my name and interests. She also recommended that I change the sizes of some of the images to create better contrast, such as increasing the sizes of the baseball and bear, and decreasing the font size of my name. When listening to classroom discussions, I also learned to never have blurry or pixelated pictures in our presentations, and to always have some sort of organization to avoid a confusing slide. Ms. Hull meant to set us up for failure with this project by making it so open-ended, so that we could learn from our mistakes and revisit it later. Now, if we’re in another class making a power point, we can look back on this and know exactly what not to do.

Miranda Abazoski (Student 2017)
Miranda Abazoski

I noticed you moved the bear and fire to the left, took out the playstation and moved the computer and baseball to the right. I very much think it is improved but maybe you can choose different pictures and not as much clutter your slide with pictures. Other than that, it is very well presented.

Ona Brown (Student 2017)
Ona Brown

I loved your slide Collin. I noticed you move your bear to the left and enlarged the size. Also, you took somethings out and it's not so crowded on the right of the slide. It's really good, you took the constructive criticism and improved.

Jaiyeola Omowamide (Student 2017)
Jaiyeola Omowamide

I noticed that you move the bear over to the left and positioned some of the objects and moved over your name to the right. I wonder if you can maybe add another object to the picture. Would it be to cluttered? What if it threw the slide off? This slide is eye catching.

Husain Kegler (Student 2017)
Husain Kegler

Hey Collin, I noticed that you have have moved your items in your slide around. I wonder what if you would of deleted the baseball and the computer to make the bear and the explosion much bigger to make it the center of attention.

Quinn Grzywinski (Student 2017)
Quinn Grzywinski

These slides are very good! First of all, it's nice to see the balance shift more evenly in the second slide, thus making it more visually appealing. It would have been interesting to see a before and after with your picture(just to see how it would look) but yo probably made the right decision here, so the pictures don't look too disjointed. There is a slight proximity issue with the spacing of the objects, but this is a chip on the back of a very strong slide, so this is a nit-pick if you will.

Quinn Grzywinski (Student 2017)
Quinn Grzywinski

Noah Weinberger (Student 2017)
Noah Weinberger

Hi. I noticed the Bear in front of the explosion next to the computer and found it very silly, interesting, and cool. After reading your story, I wondered how long it must of took to make this. The picture is great but what if you got rid of the giant baseball, I believe it would look a little better. Thank you for your time and have a great day.