Communism Controlling Freedom in Vietnam

In English class, we are doing a project called “You and the World”. In this project we have to choose a subject that we want to research about. For example a subject like “Pollution in our drinking water”. After choosing a topic we have to research about this topic and on a blog day. You have to blog on what you research on this topic. In total we have to make 3 blogs. After our three blog we are making a debate. We are going to be separated into 6 groups and each group chooses a topic to debate to the other about.

Well for this project I choose the topic of “Communism ruling Vietnam”. The issue is that in Vietnam has been ruled by communist for 36 years now. Over the last year the communist in Vietnam has taken their power for granted. They started controlling his people and what they do. The reason why I am interested in this situation is because my family and I are Vietnamese and we felt like we have to do something to fix what the communist has done to our country. Also I like researching and learn more about my country.

Well in my research so far about this subject. I have found out that the Catholic Church in Vietnam has been controlled by communists that rule Vietnam and they are claiming the land that the Catholic Church theirs so they can destruct the building to build a mall or a shopping center. This church is the most famous church in Vietnam and many people go to that church. Started to protest against knocking the church down. Soon after that situation a priest from that church has been beaten and arrested by communist cops. This problem soon raised its climax when the citizens are protesting even more and they are sick and tired of seeing communism control everything they do everyday.

At this point, I wonder if Vietnam could just stand up together hand in hand try to stop communism from ruling our country. I wonder if the citizens can’t do it would the country get worse or better? Well I have several questions I hope someone could answer it for me. Can Vietnam be better without communism? Can it be better with democracy like America?

Bibliography:

2009073549
2009073549
vnMap
vnMap
This is the communist flag in Vietnam:
vietnam
vietnam
This is the flag of the democracy side of Vietnam:
648px-Flag_of_South_Vietnam.svg
648px-Flag_of_South_Vietnam.svg

Jaazaniah Hayes (Student 2015)
Jaazaniah Hayes

I noticed that you feel very powerful about this subject, and that this is important to you. I wonder if this is known to everybody, and if it is a worldwide event. What if you showed more details, to let more people get how serious this is.

Jaazaniah Hayes (Student 2015)
Jaazaniah Hayes

Stephen Eager-White (Student 2015)
Stephen Eager-White

I noticed from your article that Vietnam has been controlled for a long time. I wonder if they ever will stand up to the communist rule and become a democracy. What if United States helped Vietnam become a democracy?