Emaggiano Q3 History Benchmark

History benchmark on Colombia and Singapore

For my 3rd quarter benchmark project I picked Colombia and Singapore to study and review their collapse-ability. Colombia is located in South America and Singapore is located in South East Asia, they are both countries that are developing and trying to cope with the changing world. I thought they were similar enough to have some problems that would be the same, but different to the point that it wouldn't be boring.
I first started to research on Colombia first because I knew more about Colombia then I did Singapore. I knew for a fact that cocaine was one of the main contributes to their environmental problems and the steps that they were taken to kill the cocaine plants highly impacted their climate. So finding information was fairly easy. Singapore on the other hand, didn't have many problems that I was able to find and research. They didn't have any hostile neighbors that I could find and overall Singapore is a country that sticks to themselves and doesn't bother anyone as long as they're not bothered themselves.
I thought after reading Collapse the five-point-framework was kind of straightforward. I knew what was being asked and I was able to answer them to the best of my abilities. Yes, some were harder to find information on then others, for example I had trouble with hostile neighbors for both of my countries, I found old information(countries that they were fighting with in the past) but it was hard for me to find updated stuff that I could use in my Iweb. Also the last question we had to answer, how they are dealing with their environmental problems gave me a little trouble as well, because sadly Colombia wasn't dealing with them in a way that would possibly save their environment. Cocaine is their main source of money, so they're going to continue to grow and sell it, in their eyes it's doing more good then harm.
Now, if I was given the opportunity to do this project over again I would probably try and find more information then I did, I would of dug deeper. Also, I probably would of picked a country other then Singapore, because they don't have enough problems to make for a very interesting place to do my benchmark on.