End Of Year Reflection

You never would think that in a English class you would get so many opportunities like we experience in Mr. Block's English and History class. English class was a fun experience. You would never think that you would be able to express yourself as much as we did in Mr. Blocks English class. We created trials, made poetry, did many journals that had us thinking about a lot of things that you wouldn't talk about or write about in your normal english class. I never got a chance to express my self like that before. Writing it down in a journal. Now everyday I write down my thoughts in my journal the thoughts a I have.

One thing that stood out to me in english class was the different movies and clips we watched in class. In stead of just using the internet to find information, the videos and clips that we watched in class really gave me a feel about what we was learning. One clip was the torture clips. That stood out to me because you wouldn't think that some people would actually go ahead and hurt someone until the pain gets worst. Why they didn't stop? I never could answer that question until we watched the video in class and we discussed it. Now I know the answer to that question. 

English class opened people eyes. Make them think of things that they never would think about before. Something that I really enjoy class was when we did the interview of a family member about their lives. It was a long process but it was fun because we got a chance to actually look into someone else's lives and ask any questions we were thinking about. It was a good project because we could edit it, and make it into a certain type of interview. With different effects in it. 

It's this year has to end so soon. Some other things that I really enjoyed in this year of english was the thesis papers we did. It wasn't like a regular paper you had to write like a normal essay. We had to make an argument that people go go against. It was a learning experience for me because it made me build of my writing skills. It makes you think about all the things that you can connect your paper to such as outside sources. I loved challenging myself.

Have you ever written a play that could be screened to an audience in your class. Well I have. The most fun part that I think that was awesome was creating a monologue. I never made a play before. But creating a monologue was fun. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be. It wasn't like creating a actual play because you had to change somethings around and have once person in a scene. It was fun when Kate came because she really helped us out a lot. It was the bees thing that I ever done in a class before. I don't know if my monologue was good enough. I think that we all worked hard over the couple of months and made a good quality project. I am happy I got that opportunity to do something that creative.

Screen shot 2011-06-14 at 8.35.44 AM
Screen shot 2011-06-14 at 8.35.44 AM