Fear

I scrolled through my timeline shocked and mesmerized , Trump won the candinancy. I'd put my future in the hands of those who voted, I did everything in my power to prevent this moment from ever happening. How was it possible that a such a tyrant had become our president? Someone who is supposed to be the voice of the people, yet doesn’t listen to the people. During Obama´s candinancy many undocumented immigrants felt hopeful that he would give them a security of staying in this country. Unfortunately every time Obama tried to put in rule a new law he would always get shut down. It was like there would be a weight lifted off me than added twenty more. It made many undocumented immigrants worry about their future when Trump announced his candidacy and his future plans. Trump had put fear into many families including mine. That night I sat in my room staring at the hand painted portrait of our family back in mexico for hours. I felt frustrated with myself thinking had I done more would I have been able to prevent this from happening. I tried to think of millions on how anyone thought when voting for this tyrant to have the privilege to fulfill the presidency position, did they not take his ignorance into consideration? Did they realize how many families they would be affecting by voting for him? I took this very sincere , because his plans in his candency would be affecting my family first hand. How was it possible that people can put a man like this in the White House who wants to tear up families. Trump had stereotype all Mexicans based only on simple numbers, the fact that he called all Mexicans rapists, drug dealers, and job stealers. My blood boiled, feet tapping on the ground nonstop, how was he going judge someone based upon assumptions. My parents are none of that;in fact they have worked extremely hard to get to where they are right now. For them to be stereotyped for such an inadequate thing makes me enraged. My parents have worked numerous jobs to be reach the success they have , a kid in college, a house, three cars and steady income. They came with absolutely nothing , only a dream of achieving the best for their future. My parents didn't work double or triple shifts to be stereotyped. During his whole candinancy election my parents feared for us if we where to get seperated, so they would come up with plans on what to do incase anything happens. Me and my older brother stood strong as my younger siblings looked up on us, if we worried they worried. But in reality we were just as scared as them, how was it that we lived in fear of getting torn apart. My parents would tell me that I looked very calm, laid back in a chair just eating my bag of lays chips while finishing the season of the fosters , but in reality I was the most scared out of everybody not wanting to make the situation worse than it already was . How would our lives be without our parents around? How would we maintain ourselves? So that sensation when I looked on social media and saw that Trump had won the candinancy it was like all my worst fears had become a reality.My fears of my family getting seperated, and torn apart. Why is it that my family has to live in fear of getting torn up due to a president that believes all immigrants one thing same.

Lauren Brown (Student 2019)
Lauren Brown

girrrl you just brought me right back to that same moment. it was such an emotional day, a lot of people didn't even come to school. great job with this topic, i'm glad that you wrote about something pretty serious that emotionally affected you, good job love

Awa Diakite (Student 2021)
Awa Diakite

You did a really good job with expressing your feelings. I can tell that it took a lot for you to come out and say how you felt about this situation in an essay when you couldn't even let your family see this side of you. You did a lot of reflecting on your feelings and the backstory you provided about your parents made this essay stronger