2 fer #2 Revision- Justin Stewart

Children have either a Positive or negative affect from playing video games. The Children think that it has a positive effect on their development. But their parents might think that Video games have a negative effect on the Child’s development. Parents Believe that video games are bad for children and think that it damages their brain. People believe that Video games help develop a kid’s personality in a positive way.

The rating that parents hate the most are the mature rated games, because of the content. The content that these video games have are things that kids shouldn’t be experiencing such as gun violence, or blood. But teenagers think that the mature rated games are the best games. They think this because it is interesting to them. Violent video games that include profanity, blood, and gun violence are what kids are into these days.

The Positive effects of playing video games is that it gives their brain a workout.  In many video games, the skills required to win involve high level thinking. These skills are not even taught at school. The video games help improve a child’s hand-eye coordination.  “In shooting games, the character may be running rand shooting at the same time.” This quote is said by Daphne Bavalier, a Cognitive researcher. This requires the player to keep track of the position of the character, where they are going to, the character’s speed, where the gun is aiming, and  if the bullets are hitting the enemy. The player has to keep track of all of these things. This process requires a great deal of hand-eye coordination. As a result children can gain these skills while playing a violent video game.

The negative effect to playing video games are not in all games. Violence in the video games are the main reasons why parents think that video games are bad. According to Daphne Bavalier], Children who play more violent video games are more likely to have increased aggressive thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. This is not true for all children who play violent video games. But they can cause children to have bad behavior.

When asked, Parents might say that Video games are bad for their child’s health. But on closer inspection, video games actually influence their perspective on the world. Although Video games may only seem important to Children that play video games, it should in fact concern anyone who cares about their development.

Works CIted

Tyreek Speedwell (Student 2019)
Tyreek Speedwell

Your 2fer really caught my attention. I had the same thoughts about the benefits of video games. A lot of children and teens do it, but yet it is supposed to be a bad thing. I play video games all the time, and it taught me a lot of things especially the advanced aspects of basketball. That helped me a lot to be the basketball player that I am today.

Kyianna Thomas (Student 2019)
Kyianna Thomas

This 2fer was interesting because nowadays video games really do involve a lot of blood and fighting. I don't think that this really convinced me enough that video games help develop a child personality. A way to expand a readers thinking is to think about how video games are designed to develop a gamers personality.

Emily Pugliese (Student 2019)
Emily Pugliese

I really enjoyed reading your paper because when I was in 7th grade I too wrote a paper about video games violence and how it is equivalent to real world violence. Through reading I wasn't really sure which side you believed was true. But in reading your paper I was able to see a different point of view that people don't normally introduce because they think videogames are bad. I really enjoyed reading this it really opened my eyes.