Final Art Station - Caroline P.

Final Art Station (1)
​For this quarter, I created 3 art pieces that were; a ceiling tile, a fall wall hanging, and a self portrait. For my ides of art, I am mostly influenced by music, and fashion that is around me. By seeing current trends, it helps me create ideas for an art piece. Much like what I did with my ceiling tile, by drawing Marilyn Manson, as Marilyn Manson is popular right now. He is a talented artist that has been in the industry for a while. He showcases a very dark and intense side, that many rappers have seen. This has changed the rap industry to suggest that rapper are “rockstars”. This is very interesting to me, that it brought me to do this art piece. My fall wall hanging involved me in cutting out pieces of art that I drew, and then pasting them onto a colorful piece of paper. I normally hate doing pieces in color, but this assignment was fun. Originally, I drew a piece, but found out the day that it was do, that it was “C” work, so I started over. Although that was upsetting, it got me doing an art piece I normally would not do. My last art piece was a self portrait, I used a photo to refer to, of a photo my friend took of me. 
For my preferences, I prefer drawing with charcoal and just pencil. But while exploring myself as an artist, I have branched out into using color. I would say I have not learned anything new about art this quarter, but I have learned about my preferences. During studio time, I spent time drawing and coming up with ideas for my art assignments. Some important things that happened during this quarter, are that my classmates and I learned how to come together and come up with ideas for each other. It was very fun to collaborate ideas together. For my artwork, I would like people to know that I tried during art that I would normally never do. For my process of art, I have to start early, in order to do everything I want to do for it. I do not enjoy rushed art.