Growing Up Online - Reflection

• What TV show did you watch in class? I watched Growing Up Online in class.
  1. What was this show about? The show was about teenagers and their experiences with the internet and how being online affected them.
  2. What is the most memorable thing to you about this show? The most memorable part of the this show to me was the segment about the girl who acted like a model on the internet and became famous online but didn't have much going for her offline. 
  3. Why/Why not -  is it important to watch shows like these? It is important to watch shows like these because you could possibly relate to some of these people and you can learn from their mistakes and experiences.
  4. How will you keep your future family safe online? I will keep my future family safe by limiting computer access to a couple of hours a day and activating safe search.
  5. Why is it important to talk with your family about internet safety? It is important to talk about internet safety with your family so you can prevent them from seeing or doing things on the internet before they actually occur/
  6. What advice would you give to parents that don't know how to keep their children safe online? I would tell them to take away all online devices to cut off all communication to the internet or enlist them in a fun program to reduce their time online.
internet_keyboard-100042718-orig (1)
internet_keyboard-100042718-orig (1)