Immigration Visualization Project Reflection

Screen Shot 2011-09-23 at 10.09.00 AM
Screen Shot 2011-09-23 at 10.09.00 AM
​I thought the information was very interesting. The dip's the rises of the time periods were interesting. 

For our project we decided that we would make a picture of collage of all our times. Like, for the 2000's we showed a picture of the September 11th terrorist attacks. For the Chinese exclusion Act, we had pictures of Asians that looked distressed, so show what it did to them. 

i predict that the immigration rates will increase, because as our economy grows slowly so will our immigration rates will grow. But, if Barack Obama doesn't get reelected, than i think that our immigration will decrease, heavily. Since, Most of the people that come here are either Arab/LAtino, and his vote for Latino and arab were really high, the next president wont get that approval rate, so it will decline. I don't know if that's good or bad for the United States, because we don't really need a spike in Immigration because, we barely have enough to support the people here.

Honestly, to stay on task. Because, we're all Soccer players and we just usually talk about soccer all the time, so when we get together, it was hard for us to really work together without talking about other stuff, but i think it all came together in the end because we're all great students.

The one thing i'd do differently is use another presenting tool, the one we used is a pain in the but. `

William Johnson (Student 2013)
William Johnson

I think that overall the project was good. I feel like there could have been better ways to represent the data. It may have just been because of the program used but to me it was a bit unclear of the incorporation of the data. However, I think you guys did a good job of sticking with the idea and making it work no matter how annoying the program used was.