Jaiye's Me Slide

Slide presentation (1)
 In tech class, we learned a bit on media fluency. We watched a video on Presentation Zen and read a bit on how slides are designed. Ms. Hull assigned us to create a slide that represents us using different design methods. I decided to use the contrast method. The light bulb contrasts with the dark background, really making the slide pop and it grabs the attention of the viewer. I also did a play on words with bright and light bulb to make a connection with the text and the words. This makes the slide very harmonious. The word bright also flows with the lit light bulb since they are both similar colors.
 This slide represents me because I'm not afraid to be different and be unique. I take interest in quirky things, which makes me, me!
New slide (1)
After presenting my original slide, I was critiqued for the low resolution of the picture and the size of the font. I first found a high resolution version of the picture I used and replaced it with the other one. I also changed the font of the words because I felt that the original font was too boring and didn't add any "oompf" to the slide. I notice how in other posters, they use unique fonts so I replaced it with a a more fun, interesting font. I also moved the word "bright" into the spotlight of the light bulb. I believed that it created a connection between the words and pictures creating harmony. I also made the other words appear over the words bright to create balance.
Ms. Hull set me up to failure by completely making me do this by myself. I couldn't ask any questions and didn't have any help. She introduced us to a new subject that we obviously had no idea about, and had to use online sources to complete the assignment. I learned how to properly create a slide that is appealing to the eye. I plan to use these methods of design in further projects for school such as, Power Points.

Chloë Epstein (Student 2017)
Chloë Epstein

I really like how you changed your slide. It is a much clearer picture and I like the font you used which I thought it was much more appealing than the one before. You also make the word bright pop up with the light on it. Really good job!

Chloë Epstein (Student 2017)
Chloë Epstein

Chloë Epstein (Student 2017)
Chloë Epstein

Siawale Vesslee (Student 2017)
Siawale Vesslee

I notice that this slide not only is a well thought out, but it sends a wonderful message. I wonder if you could have added more to change the picture. I think that just adding words doesn't change the picture that could've been more appealing. What if you chose a picture that makes the pop, but doesn't over whelm it. Overall, i love it and I think it works very well.

Siawale Vesslee (Student 2017)
Siawale Vesslee

Siawale Vesslee (Student 2017)
Siawale Vesslee

Siawale Vesslee (Student 2017)
Siawale Vesslee

Siawale Vesslee (Student 2017)
Siawale Vesslee

Siawale Vesslee (Student 2017)
Siawale Vesslee

Siawale Vesslee (Student 2017)
Siawale Vesslee

Colin Pierce (Student 2017)
Colin Pierce

I really like the design of your slide. I noticed that you improved the resolution between the first and second versions and changed the font. I also wonder if the slide would be improved with the logos at the bottom cropped out. And what if the font colors for the quote were reversed? Could that make it easier to read? I really like the idea behind your slide, though. Good work!

Gabrielle Kreidie (Student 2017)
Gabrielle Kreidie

I noticed that you did learn a lot. From both pictures you can see a great difference after your critic. The two paragraphs you wrote expressed a lot as well. I wonder if you could use a more "presentation" and media fluency vocabulary in your paragraphs. What if you added a different color then black and white to be even more unique.

Chhievling Seng (Student 2017)
Chhievling Seng

I notice the change you made, and I think it much better. I really think how you made the word bright in bright color contrasting with the darkness really made it eye catching.

Talya Laver (Student 2017)
Talya Laver

I noticed that you chose a less pixilated picture for your second slide. I think this makes your slide look professional and clearer. I wonder what triggered you to change the font and how you chose the new one. What if you had cropped the picture a little bit so there would not have been those little gray lines at the bottom? Do you think it would have enhanced your slide?

Kara Heenan (Student 2017)
Kara Heenan

I noticed that the quality of your picture got a lot better. I wonder how you did it? What if you used a different font? Probably wouldn't look as good. Good job! :)