LBGT Rights by J.Long, S.Skelton & B.Thompson

To see our full project please refer back to Jareese's  blog post 

Reflection

When choosing a topic for our project we wanted to choose something that meant something to all of us. We felt as though it we were going to make a video about something why not make it about something that has an impact on us. So we collectively decided to make a video based around LBGT rights and the 14th amendment of the constitution because we each have friends that are either LBGT. And we see how there treated everyday because of their sexuality. When creating the project I liked the actual filming the most and coming up with the concept of the project. The most challenging part of the project by far was agreeing on ides with my group members because we had ideas that conflicted with each other. The most interesting fact I found when creating this project is that same sex marriage is only granted in 6 states across the US. I found this interesting because in the 14th amendment it states, "No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States". But the states do just that. They take away the rights to marriage. 
         I feel as though we put together a quality project but I do think there is room for improvement. For starters I would only work with one person and I would or myself because I feel as though our ideas conflicted. We ran into trouble with the project when getting everything finished on time. After completing this project I learned that everyone isn’t granted the rights, as they should be.