Net Neutrality

Net-Neutrality_SS_011414-617x416
Net-Neutrality_SS_011414-617x416

Why is Net Neutrality important for teens to know about? Net Neutrality is important for teens to know about because it shows teens the basics of the internet. It teaches teens to know more than what they think about the internet. Without net neutrality the internet would be a mess and unorganized. Net neutrality is our internet’s “savior”.

Net neutrality controls ISPs. ISPs are middle mans. Without net neutrality they wouldn't be fair and equitable. An ISP is a middle man because it receives the interweb, and then sells it at high prices to the consumers. It also shortens the speed and access. You have to pay more money to get faster speeds on the internet, and access to more websites.

Also, without net neutrality, ISPs would be able to create new plans to charge customers more for access and services. This affects us because it would be difficult for us to interact online with what we want to do on the internet. The internet can become similar to  cable television. Gatekeepers control what we can and get to watch. This unproductive use of the internet may destroy its access.