Nyla Moore's Q2 Media Fluency

Nyla's Tech Slide
Hi my name is Nyla Moore and this is my slide. I chose to pick 3 pictures to represent me because I didnt want to clutter my slide and I could make the pictures bigger. I chose this background because it was colorful but it didnt take away from the theme or other pictures of the slide. I chose this saying because it was short and straight to the point. I decided to make the word  "Nobody" and "me" bold to make the phrase stand out. I chose to make the words different colors to create contrast. I left some open space so my slide would not look cluttered. My slide has a visual theme, even though there are different pictures. My theme is that there is nobody else like me and the pictures represent the things I like to do. Hope you enjoy my silde!
During my presentation, I was given great advice on how to improve my slide. I was told to match the colors in the picture to the words quote I had. I was also told to delete the pictures and to find a clear picture for the background. I did all of this to my project. These tips made my slide easier to understand and a lot better. 
Nyla's Tech Slide (2)

Miriam Sachs (Student 2017)
Miriam Sachs

I notice that the clouds in the second slide no longer have pink in them. This works because the pink clouds distract the viewer from the words.

I wonder what the slide would look like with a solid blue background.

What if you used a solid background or only had one cloud behind the words. Currently the cloud is not behind the words "there is" and it would be more harmonious if the cloud was behind all of the words.

Otter Jung-Allen (Student 2017)
Otter Jung-Allen

Hi, Nyla! First off, I noticed that you decided to simplify, which works very well for the slide in general. It takes less work to digest its meaning and the colors work much better, especially without all of the colors of the Youtube logo and the other two pictures to deal with (i.e. which colors would look best in relation to contrast/matching, etc.). You also had the vignette-like shadow around the edges, which was a touch that worked very well for the slide because it drew the viewer's eye to the middle, the words and the message, which is, of course, what you want us to recognize and realize first. Was that your aim? If it was, it came across well! :)

I wondered how you would fix these issues of space relationships, complications and contrast because they weren't huge, glaring problems that had obvious solutions. They had multiple ways to be fixed. With just the background alone, you could do a million different edits. But what you decided to do worked very very well. :) I wonder what would happen if you made "me!" a darker font that contrasted better with the background. Think about how yellow and red and blue all go together and whether you would like it to contrast darkly against the background or not. Because of its simplicity, there are not many improvements you can do now without complicating it. It worked very well. Thanks!

Joanna Rann (Student 2017)
Joanna Rann

I noticed that you have no icons on the side. The background looks more settled than the last one. Your slide focuses on one thing and my eyes are going all over the place. At the edges of your slide it seems to fade off a little. I wonder if you moved your quote over to the right. It would look more centered. What if you made "Nobody" one line then "else like" another line and also you should make "Me" another line and make it a larger font.